Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
ACA02159SPA.jpg
Pablo Linares, president of the association for the defence of the Santa Cruz Valley, walks towards the Benedictine Abbey of Santa Cruz, and the memorial buildings of the Valle de los Caidos (Valley of the Fallen) which includes a 150 metre tall cross. The memorial was built between 1940 and 1958 during the rule of the fascist Francisco Franco, who is buried there along with Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera, founder of the Falange Party and 33,872 combatants from both sides of the Spanish Civil War.